Sunday, August 30, 2009

The First Week

I am tired.

Sterling has been about as good as can be expected for a week old baby. The first week we fed him when he was hungry, which was all the time. He would eat almost constantly.

Now that he is over a week old we have started following the practices from a book called "On Becoming Baby Wise." It is a book that teaches you how to get your infant to sleep through the night. If we follow the book correctly Sterling should be sleeping through the night between weeks 7 and 9. The book says we need to follow three steps, Feed, Wake, Sleep. After we feed him we have to play with him and keep him awake for about half an hour or so and then we put him down for a nap. The next feeding occurs 2 and a half to 3 hours after we started the previous feeding. Apparently this consistency establish a routine and allow him to sleep. I just hope it works.

Now, I have talked enough and I know everybody wants to see pictures, so here they are.














And finally here is a picture of Sterling's 100 year old Great Grandmother holding him.

2 comments:

Baylee's Mommy said...

Man she is 100? If I am still on this earth at that age I hope I look half that good!
SWEET baby pictures :)

Melissa W. said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!