Monday, February 16, 2009

New Car

We are doing what we can to prepare for the Thingy. I was able to sell my civic, after only 4 days on craigslist, and purchase a car from Carmax. I have never had any experience from Carmax and frankly I have heard a lot of people complain about them, but we could not have had a better experience.

We were browsing the Carmax website and we saw a 2004 Nissan Xterra that we liked. The Carmax is pretty close to our house so we decided to stop by and look at the Xterra after Church last weekend. It drove and looked great but we weren't able to buy it because I wasn't meeting the family that bought my car until the following Wednesday. Well as the week progressed I was able to meet the Gentlemen and make the transaction. It was a little sad to sell my civic. I bought that Civic brand new in January 2003 and it was only my second car. On the flip side we are very excited to have an SUV and it's nice to have a 4 door vehicle again. Although I love this SUV Leslie is going to drive it because of the gas mileage. I work downtown and typically put close to 40 miles a day on my car, and she only puts about 10. It just makes sense.

I will say that we had a terrific experience at Carmax and I recommend people look there if looking for a used car. Craigslist was great too. I posted my car on a Tuesday and had the guy look at my car the following Saturday and make me an offer. I am trying to sell Leslie's civic and it's been on craigslist over a week without luck, so if anybody wants a 2005 civic, let me know.

1 comment:

CarMaxChris said...

Hi! I am the social media PR guy at the CarMax home office in Richmond, VA. Google Alerts notified me of your blog post mentioning CarMax. I am very happy you had a great experience at CarMax. Thanks for the nice endorsement. I hope your friends take your advice and visit a store or our website, http://www.carmax.com soon! Thanks for being a CarMax customer!