Sunday, March 1, 2009

I am a Hero

Yesterday Leslie and I had to spend our day looking for a new oven. The reason we had to buy a new oven is because our old one caught on fire. Leslie was pre-heating the oven to cook breakfast while I was taking a shower. The next thing I know she comes in yelling at me to help because the oven is on fire. I am in the shower where it's warm so I calmly tell her to just turn the oven off... apparently that wasn't a good answer. I grab a towel and run through the house to find there is a nice little flame in the oven. I simply close the oven door and the fire loses its oxygen and goes out. I then looked at Leslie and said we need a new oven and ran back to the shower because Leslie had the back door open to let the smoke out and I was freezing. We were successful at buying a new oven and it's being delivered on Wednesday.

Now, I haven't had a chance to talk about the things that bug me in a while so I am overdo. Firstly, I hate that girls have really big purses. What are you storing in there? I park at LP field, where the Tennessee Titans play, and then a shuttle picks me up and drives me a mile or so downtown to my building. A lot of people park here and so the shuttles are often very crowded. The other day this girl who probably weighed about 90 pounds comes walking on the shuttle with a purse that weighed probably 200 pounds and sat down next to me. This little girl took up 2 and a half seats just by herself. I almost fell off my seat when she sat down next to me. I have no idea what you girls need all that room for, if she had a fire extinguisher I could have used it yesterday.

Also, speaking of the shuttle I hate how people talk on their cell phones on it. I am one of those people that doesn't like for everybody around me to know my business. Unfortunately that is not the case for about 90 percent of the world today. People love to talk so loudly that the whole trolley now knows that "Wanda" ate something bad at lunch and needs some pepto. Gross.

On a exciting note Leslie and I have our next Dr.'s appointment on Wednesday. She is 16 weeks and we should have our first ultrasound. I assume that we will get some pictures and I will post those on Tuesday. Until then.

No comments: