Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's A Boy!

Yesterday Leslie and I had our first ultrasound downtown at Vanderbilt Women's Imaging Center. I was really nervous because I was really wanting it to be a boy. The woman running the ultrasound kept us in suspense for about 5 minutes before letting us know that it was a boy. It was really amazing seeing the baby move around, he was constantly moving around. At one point he waved his hand in front of his face as if he was waving at us. We also had a 3D ultrasound done, but it wasn't as clear as the regular 2D one. The Dr. told us that usually the 3D works best after 30 weeks.

We aren't really sure when the due date is now. The due date originally given to us was August 14th, but the ultrasound predicted that Leslie would be due August 27th. Leslie and I go back to the Dr. on Tuesday and our Dr. will look at the results from the ultrasound and decide on whether or not to move the due date. Because there is a 2 week difference we are pretty certain that it will at least be pushed back a week.

Now, all Leslie and I have to do is decide on a name. I am really pushing for Thomas Sterling Greene Mills, Junior, and Leslie is really pushing for me not give our baby 5 names. I don't think this is something we are going to settle any time soon.

We did go to the grocery store this morning and bought diapers. Some of the best advice that we have received so far was to buy diapers every time we buy groceries. So even though we have no idea what to buy exactly we went and bought some. I will update again on Tuesday after our next appointment, for now it's off to Babies R Us.

No comments: