Thursday, December 18, 2008

Seriously?

Ok, I don't want to have to talk about this again, but I will. Why do people have to talk to me in elevators? As mentioned previously, I spend a good portion of my day walking to different offices, so therefore I spend a lot of my day on elevators. I was walking onto an elevator yesterday with a delivery man. He then just starts to tell me how he dislocated his shoulder the previous day and how he popped it back into place all by himself. He told me how he tripped and fell and just knocked it right out, so he stood up and just pushed it back in. What did I do to deserve this? He was telling me all about the pain that he suffered, but said he was feeling much better because he rubbed it down with Ben Gay.

I really think I should just publish a book about elevator stories, because I have another good story. When I was returning to my office, after riding the elevator with Mr. Ben Gay, I turned the corner in my building lobby to take the elevator up to my floor. There were two gentlemen in front of me who had just gone to buy some lunch and were bringing it back to their offices. The gentlemen were about to get on the elevator when the doors started to close. To keep the doors from closing one of the men quickly thrusted his arm between the doors to keep them from closing. What he didn't think about was the bag of food in his hands so when he thrusted his arm out he threw his food all over the elevator. Let me tell you, spaghetti is messy in an elevator.

So I'm sitting here watching some girl from the band Danity Kane sing the Star Spangled Banner before the start of the Colts Jaguars game. Who exactly gets to decide how to sing our National Anthem, because every time I hear it sung it sounds completely different? Shouldn't our National Anthem be sung the same way every time? You don't hear the Canadians drop a beat to play Oh Canada, it sounds exactly the same each and every time. In fact, this girl took so long to sing the National Anthem that the Fly Over was about 30 seconds too early.... sorry I just passed out for a few minutes and the girl is still singing the last note.

So Christmas is almost here and it's going to be a very busy time. My parents are coming in this weekend to visit (hi mom, hi dad I know you read this so I have to behave). Then next week Leslie's Brother and roomate are coming to spend Christmas with us. I will do my best to write when I can. I know that about 3 people read my blog so I want to keep you 3 people happy.

One quick joke before I go. Why did Tigger have his head in the toilet?

He was looking for Poo!

No comments: