Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snow?

Wow, it took me two hours to get home from work today. Apparently it decided to snow around 4 o'clock and it hasn't stopped yet. There is probably about 3 inches on the ground.

Yes, snow is very pretty, but for some reason down south when it starts snowing everybody turns retarded. Everybody forgets how to drive and just decides to park in the middle of the interstate. People freak out as if massive Giants with Dandruff are coming to attack. It's not hard, it's called driving, you push the gas and the car goes forward. Up North when it starts to snow people drive. They get up the next day and they drive to work. It doesn't matter if there is 14 feet of snow, schools are in session. Down south if you mention the word snow the local Wal-Mart is packed with half the town buying canned goods, batteries and bottled water. The other day one of the adjoining counties to Nashville cancelled school due to weather. The forecast was sunny with a high of 45. Apparently somebody saw some ice at midnight.

I think the most frustrating was when I waited 55 minutes to travel down a road with backed up traffic only to find out that the reason that it was taking so long is that there was a hill. Wow, a hill people. Yeah, maybe we should all be scared of the hill. Let's just park our cars and walk home.

There are two types of drivers when it snows. Those who drive cautiously and those that are experienced at driving and decide they don't need to slow down. I am driving down a very steep hill, I have put my car in 2nd gear to help slow the car down and to keep the tires from slipping, and there is a car riding my bumper. I thought wow this guy must know how to drive, so when we got to the bottom of the hill I slammed on my breaks, so the guy behind me swerved and crashed. I then got out of the car and said, man, you need to be more careful. Then I drove off...that'll show him.

I think that absolute worst part was when I left work at 5:15 I did not have to go to the bathroom, at 6:15 I did, at 7:30 I was notifying all the drivers in my caravan not to drink the yellow snow.